10 Jun 7 Top Bible Verse On Anger
The internet dictionary calls anger “a strong feeling of displeasure and belligerence aroused by a wrong; grief or trouble”. I believe everyone has experienced anger at some point because of a variety of reasons. The Bible gives us many stories of how people have handled it.
One example is the story of Cain and Abel from Genesis 4:2-8, please read it. It begins with the two brothers bringing an offering to the Lord. The Bible says that God was pleased with Abel’s sacrifice, but not with Cain’s because of his heart attitude. As a result Cain grew angry, dejected and jealous. Soon his fierce anger led him to commit murder.
The account leaves us wondering exactly why God looked with favor on Abel’s offering, but rejected Cain’s. This mystery is often a point of confusion for believers. However, verse 6 and 7 contain the clue to solve the mystery. After seeing Cain’s anger over the rejection of his sacrifice, God said to him: And the LORD said unto Cain, “Why art thou wroth (angry}? And why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.”
God tells Abel that he must learn to master his anger. Yet God still offered Cain a chance to make things right and warned him that the sin of anger would destroy him if he did not master it. Cain was faced with a choice, and he chose murder. http://christianity.about.com/od/oldtestamentpeople/p/cainprofile.htm
But not us, we want to choose God’s way!
Dear God, I know I get angry and feel so bad,
sometimes people make me feel hurt or sad.
But, I know that you love me all of my days,
and with your help I can correct my ways.
In Jesus Name, Amen.
7 – KJV Scriptures to memorize and meditate on:
- Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: Ephesians 4:31-32
- Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Ephesians 4:26-27
- A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1
- An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression. Proverbs 29:22
- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2
- And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7