08 Jun Love, Love, Love – 7 Top Bible Love Verses
According the dictionary, the English word “love“ can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from pleasure (“I loved that meal”) to interpersonal attraction (“I love my partner”).
It can refer to an emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment. It can also be a virtue representing human kindness, compassion, and affection.
7 Top Bible KJV verses On Forgiveness are :
- Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 1 John 4:11
- And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.1 John 4:16
- And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Ephesians 3:19
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,… Galatians 5:22
- But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9
- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
A Story About Love
Everyone loves love when there’s love, but what about when there’s not love… I heard a missionary say once, if you don’t love people ask God to help you love people. The Bible tells us to love one another. A great story on Love is the Good Samaritan, please read Luke 10:23-37.
There was a lawyer that wanted to prove Jesus was bad, but Jesus told him that he needed to love God and his neighbors with all his heart. Then he asked who was his neighbors. Jesus gave him this parable in response.
A Jewish man lay half dead in the street because he had been beaten by thieves. A Jewish priest saw him and passed by on the other side of the street. A Jewish Levite came near and looked at him then went on his way on the other side also.
But then a Samaritan came by, had compassion on him. The Samaritan cleansed the injured man and bound up his sores. Then put him on his own horse, brought him to an inn and took care of him. He even told the inn keeper to take care of him too.
Who was the injured mans neighbor in this story?
Not the two religious leaders that passed first but the Samaritan. The Good Samaritan realized that all are his neighbors and wanted to show him compassion and love. The Jews would not even help their own countryman. Jesus told the lawyer to go and show mercy and love to all those in need.
We should all remember this story when we are about our busy days. There is a lot of need out there. If you want more Bible stories that show love, read this article.
Dear God, Help me to know love and to love people and how to find it in the world. Open my eyes to the evidence that love surrounds you everyday and help me to know who God really is. What is my purpose in Your Creation, God. In Jesus Name, Amen.