20 Aug Believe In God, But Don’t Know Him
There are many people that say they believe in God, but they don’t really know him. They never took the time to enjoy the Lord’s friendship and recognize His blessings. Just going to church on Sundays does not make you a Christian and you shouldn’t be believing everything your Pastor preaches. Study on your own.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22,23
The Bible is the Book of Your Life, needed to help your every step. Many times people just don’t believe that. They think they can do everything themselves. One day though, something will happen that will drive you to your knees. So get prepared for those times, because life is life, good and bad. Maybe there is an idol of other things in their life that is keeping them busy, busy, busy.
Do you know Him
Do you really know Him
Or is it all just Insincerity on your part
A blockage, plugged up with stuff
Just what is stopping you
From knowing Him
And what to do
So, what are you going to do today to stop and say, “I want to know you, Lord, help me”. Here are a few ideas to get you on track with our Lord:
- Set a certain time in the morning to start your day with the Lord with prayer and Bible reading.
- Make a list of things the Lord is showing you to get rid of in your life, some idols, habits, negative friends.
- Sing a new song to the Lord in worship and Praise every day.
- Don’t depend on other people to take care of spiritual things for you because you will never grow.
- Be patient with yourself and don’t be under your own condemnation. If you are saved, your sins are forgiven.
- Talk to God about what you are doing wrong and He will help you.
- Memorize favorite scriptures, you’ll be glad you did.
It pleases God when you fellowship with Him. He wants to have conversations with you, so don’t be shy, I’ll tell you why. There will be times when you get so close to him that He will refresh you with His Presence, His Love, His Beauty. You will get so excited about it, that you will start witnessing and sharing with people about what He is doing in your life. So, you will never know that part of Christianity if you don’t start with changing things in your life and rearranging your schedule.
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever. 1 Chronicles 16:34 KJV.
Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give these the desires of thine heart. Psalm 37:4